Hakuba Resort Information
The Hakuba Valley is in the Japanese Alps close Nagano and home to 11 ski resorts. A ski holiday in Hakuba is like no other, you get great snowfall, a variety of mountains, more sunshine, easy accessibility and day tour options! Liquid Snow Tours are experts on all things Hakuba, all our staff spend winters here, we have an office in the resort and own a range of accommodations in the valley. We were one of the first operators to send clients on ski holidays to Hakuba and take great pride in ensuring you will have the best snow holiday possible. Some highlights include:
- Variety of Hakuba accommodation including extravagant choices and independent hotel
- The largest Hakuba ski resort, Happo One, is awesome for families, and childcare and children's ski lessons led by English speaking staff.
- Hakuba serves well to English speaking visitors, yet giving a Japanese cultural feel and an awesome village vibe.
- Home of the 1998 winter Olympics
- Hakuba's ski season runs from early December to late April each winter, receiving on average an astonishing 14m of snowfall each winter.
- Wide variety of restaurants and bars (everything from traditional Japanese to Italian, Korean BBQ, Italian and Mexican is available), a number of pubs and bars with a vibrant nightlife
Hakuba village is situated 44km west of Nagano (around an hour drive). Hakuba is situated on the island of Honshu (Main island of Japan), around 270km northwest of Tokyo.
Hakuba can be reached from Tokyo or Tokyo International Airport (Narita) by a direct transfer or bullet trains.
The Hakuba valley is comprised of 11 ski resorts these include: Hakuba Cortina, Tsugaike Kogen, Hakuba Goryu, Norikura, Minekata, Kashimayari, Hakuba47, Happo-One, Jigatake and Iwatake. They aren’t interconnected but can be visited using one lift ticket with new (2017) electronic gates that scan your tickets. Free shuttle buses are also available.
The great plus of Hakuba is the 960 hectares terrain size which equates 135 lifts, 137 km piste, and minimum 9 terrain parks.